Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Welcome to Crafting Under a Cactus!

Welcome friends!

I decided to start this blog as an offshoot of my Beaded Desert blog. I've been diving into other crafty lands in addition to beading, and I wanted a place to talk about that and showcase my handiwork. But Beaded Desert is about beadwork and jewelry making. I didn't want to clutter it with ATCs and knitting attempts. I also wanted to have only beading links there. So I decided to start a second blog just for my general crafting, and a place to put all my craft site links that really have nothing to do with beading.

On this blog I'll be talking about my adventures in crafting. I'm learning to knit and crochet, and to sew. I'm looking into needle felting. I've been dabbling in making ATCs and other forms of altered art. I'm also exploring other paper crafts like bookmarks and notecards. I'm not a very good scrapbooker, so you won't be seeing any of that though. All of those adventures I will share with you here, on this wonderful new blog. So keep checking back and join me for all the fun.

You can view some of my crafty work on my Flickr page:
Beaded Desert's Photos

I have three sets, Swaps (which is mostly crafts), Beaded Jewelry, and Dog & Cat Jewelry. And I also have shots of the pups and kitties on there, of course.

Thanks for joining me under the cactus today! Happy Crafting!

No comments: